Thursday 17 March 2011

Alice Shop Pictures Galore!











Ok, so here it is!

Not everything is in yet, all the left side of the shop will totally change, the mirror is a temporary fixture and the shelves will probably go on the right side of the room as the dressing table and another unit are going on the left!

Its so strange as looking at the pics it all looks muddly and like a complete muddle as there are so many pieces and so many colours but in real life I am thrilled to bits with it! These are alll taken in daylight, Im hoping to fathom out how to take shots through the windows later with the shop front on so you can see how it looks in the dark.....if my camera allows me!

Here is the left side of the room



The right



Close ups of displays







The shelves
As you can see Ive had to put up some of Victoria's beautiful perfume bottles, i couldnt wait any longer, but they will eventually go on the dressing table. Look lovely here though!


The Table





The Sewing machine




The whole work area




Susans fabulous piece, Kats hat etc



Still will be fiddling, moving things about, nothings fastened down ! The pictures are also temporary, ive ordered more ornate frames than these oval frames but had to put something up, the area looked too bare!


I have to say thankyou to Lori who has given me a great idea for a name for the roombox and how to do the logo. Im pretty useless on the PC with any photoshopping etc but I may try tracing some lettering and a hat logo somehow onot the black space and painting with gold lettering .

21 comments:

Tabitha Corsica said...

How wonderful, Kate! I know how you feel about things looking better in person than in a photograph but I think it turned out splendidly! You must be very excited. Thanks again for sharing this.

Dale Fluty said...

Truly a feast for the eyes! WOW! Thanks for sharing all those wonderful photos.

Wendie-kins said...

:D I love it already Kate! even tho you think its all of a muddle, I think its nice like that! I look forward to seeing it when its got the other bits in it that you mention too, you'll enjoy moving it all about no doubt.
As for taking pics through the window, I have a really good camera with lots of bells & whistles on it but find my mobile phone takes better night pics of my minis! LOL go figure? so if I were you I'd just experiment with all the different settings on your camera & use a tripod if you've got one with the flash switched off.

Ara said...

It's fantastic Kate!!! There is just so much to look at - I wish I was there in person to see it! Although you'd prob have to slap my hands from trying to pick everything up to look at it closely! I wish I had the focus you do on details!! Things my go a bit quicker for me that way lol! hugs, ara

Catherine / Mooghiscath said...

Très belle et colorée boutique en hommage à Alice .

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Beautiful Kate! It already is perfect, I know you have lots more to add. You have done an excellent job on this room box.

Victoria ❤

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, Kate, I LOVE this! I wish I could see it in person!!!!

xxoo

Jain Squires said...

It's gorgeous Kate. I love the messy work area. Cannot quite believe how quickly you have put it all together. A marvelous feast for the eyes. Jain x

Anonymous said...

It is totally awesome Kate!! You have done such an incredible job on it....and it isn't even done yet :D Wish here was some way, and probably in the future there will be, that we could all see it in 3D :)

Michelle said...

Oh it's so, so wonderful in sooo many ways! I don't think it looks muddily at all...just lots to see and don't forget different patterns might give an illusion of muddle but in fact it's not! :o))

I love how you have dressed it too. Those shelves arrived quickly too, but so did the wallpaper that I bought the same day! lol

I often move bits, that way you can see what looks best and where etc.

Michelle xxxx

onbeingaminimum said...

Wow Kate! I love the whole look and it does not look at all muddled to me, it is a work space after all.
I have had a lovely time enlarging all the photos and peeking in to everything. I still have a workshop to do in the attic of my emporium so I have been looking very closely!!!
Your work table looks great, I know you wanted Nikki to make you one but I hope you feel proud of what you have made. It looks marvellous.
A super collection of pieces!

Tallulah Belle said...

Kate I LOVE it. You might think it is all of a muddle but I think that is what makes it so perfect...so much crammed in there.

Wish I could see it in person too :-(

Julie said...

Kate this is pure magic, its fantastic and love it to bits xxx

EV Miniatures said...

awesome!! I am still looking at the photos:-)

Linda said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabuloussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss lol love it love it love it!!!!! :D Linda x

KC-Design said...

All I can say is: it is absolute WONDERFUL!!! I love it !
Karin

Witchkrafting with Kat said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm WOW! This is the best miniature I have seen in my life! I so want to move in! ha ha ha! I wish I was 1/12th scale I'd work there ha ha ha! I have saved the photos to show my Mum.I used to work as you know in a Millinery shop and my counter out the back look just like this fabrics, trimmings everywhere! It funny I am sending you a little packet of 'Hatter' trims today ha ha ha ha! So more to put in your shop!

Nicky CC said...

Kate was blown away by the whole room, so much to see and it looks exceedingly fabulous!!

The Old Maid said...

Oh I was away for a few days and it is ready! WOW! Kate wonderful! Love it love it love it! Great work!:)

Margriet said...

I enlarged every picture...sooooo much to see!!! It is really a wonderful and beautiful project and I love every bit of it!!!

julie campbell said...

Absolutely stunning Kate, I could look at this for hours. It really is just wonderful !!!!!
julie xxx