Wednesday, 9 March 2011
Phew what a Day, but we have lights !!
So all did not go to plan today but its all turned out ok thanks goodness!!
I papered last night, really shouldnt have as it was dark and shouldnt really work in false lighting as you see the faults come morning, but it was ok when I got up, no mistakes!
I decided to add some little strips of the black and white check paper to the ledges on the display panel to give some contrast to the black paintwork.
All went well, I decided to spray a gloss sealer on all the paintwork as it was chipping!
Then I marked the original holes for the lighting and added the new lights. Id bought 4 spotlights in the end, took off the plugs and fed the wires through the holes and then as it was too too tricky to nail the lights as they should be, I attempted superglueing, which was a challenge as the base was metal , glueing onto gloss wallpaper wasnt easy! But it eventually held fast and they are great as they pivot so you can position directly onto the hat areas!
Forgot to take a pic of the lights done , der! , all too eager to get that display panel back in to see if it worked!! Here are the stlye of lights used.
First I put in the chandelier which surprisingly I found straight away, first box I went to this morning! I fed this through one of the arches and then began the tricky part!
Getting the display panel out was nightmare. Getting it in, OMG!!! REAL BIG nightmare!
I wiggled as gently as I could but as Ive put added layers of wallpaper, paint etc it just didnt want to go. I had to give a big shove and in it went...........but it took a big chunk out of the left hand side of my wallpaper :-) Also some of the ceiling paper has scuffed but this Ill just stick down and paint some white acrylic over! It could have been alot worse, if it had taken the floor out it would have been a big disaster, but I just stuck it down and the dressing table is going there anyway so it will be hidden
. ( Truth be told I was all for stripping it and starting again as Im too much of a perfectionist but John told me not to as it wouldnt be seen.....but as I said to him Ill know its there lol!)
Then the moment of truth, I plugged in the lights and they all worked and look fab, directing the spots infront of the archway displays for hats, and the main pretty chandelier lights up the room a treat!
I took these pics and dont know how to take them to really show them up in the dark, my camera automatically adjusts so you cant see the lighting well! Also I had only just sprayed up the skirting and cornice parts so they arnt fitted yet, as still have to let them dry and then gloss them too. They will fit in on the left and right side walls top and bottom to match the mouldings on the display panel! But the pictures give you an idea of the look of the box!
So tomorrow Ill fit the mouldings and start to add what I have so far for the room. I still have lots of furniture to upholster and things to make but Ill show all the pics as I do it!