Thursday 9 September 2010

Catch up Number 2, Another US Marvel!





My second parcel this week is from another fellow blogger , and extremely talented lovely lady, Victoria from http://darksquirrelminiatures.blogspot.com/ from the US

I found Victoria's blog a while back and watched in awe as she builds the most intricate perfume displays with a difference. They are all for fantasy projects, great for haunted houses, for witches and wizards and more!

One of the first posts I found was a large Sin cabinet stacked full to the brim with bottles and jars, candlesticks and much more, in shades of red. It had the great name 'The 9 Circles of Hell'
I fell in love with the cabinet and ordered it on its completion from Victoria's Etsy store. http://www.etsy.com/shop/darksquirrel

Little did I know just HOW utterly incredible it would be. It arrived beautifully packaged and was extremely heavy. The dresser itself is such solid wood, its like a real piece of furniture in itself!! I took ages to take in just how marvellous this piece of work was, so much to look at, such detail and hard work. It has to be seen to be believed really!

Victoria was just finishing another cabinet in shades of greens , my favourite colour and had I had the money I would have snapped that up too as it was just gorgeous but Ill have to wait and save!

But in the mean time I couldnt stop there. Victoria's work is just too precious so I did order more, and found this beautiful little piece in her store, the Black widow perfume display, which will proudly grace the dressing table in my haunted house.

So kindly Victoria also made me a gift of this little green set as she knew how much I loved her large green dresser. isn't it pretty! AND there was a little bag of goodies as I had told Victoria I was working on my Alice in Wonderland project, and had nearly finished my Hatters hat making table.

It was kind of spooky as Id struggled 3 times to make a little pin cushion and gave up. Then in my parcel was this cute little pin cushion on a cotton reel, and it fits perfectly in the gap I had left on the table!! I had room for one more item and used that for the pair of dressmaker scissors that Victoria kindly gave me! And check out this fab Yard stick , perfect for going under the table with all the materials.

Once again I was just so taken aback by the superb quality of Victoria's work, its just the very best!

So a huge thank you and big hug to you Victoria , you are such a lovely lady and I hope to be back for more and more!!


In fact watch this space as both of us got talking about Alice and there IS more to come very very soon!!!

Oooh and I'm trying to get some pics too of my table, all finished and ready to show off!! Has taken me long enough!

8 comments:

Eva said...

OMG! How many wonderful things!! :)
Amazing miniayures in both posts, enjoy them :)

The Old Maid said...

Another very talented Lady! Again congrats on great purchases!!

Michelle said...

I remember seeing this when it was for sale and thinking how wonderful it was. I didn't have a suitable project for it, so I didn't buy it. You have a home for it...it is wonderful isn't it? I love the green dresser too, a little more creepy and I could have found a home for that had I'd seen it for sale! lol

Wonderful new mini's. ;o)
Michelle xxx

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Wow Kate imagine my surprise when I saw a picture of 9 Circles on my blog reader list. Thank you so much for promoting my work and your wonderful comments on my blog. I promise I will get The Original Sin listed tonight in my Etsy shop.

Thank you again to a Wonderful Lady!

Victoria XXXX

onbeingaminimum said...

Oh my goodness, this is a marvellous piece and as you know I am a little anal about colour co-ordination! The whole thing goes together beautifully I love it.
I checked out the blogsite and drooled over lots of items but found the link to another etsy seller on the blog and ended up spending money there instead!
Hope you make the most of your three quiet days and am looking forward to seeing more of your shopping.

Witchkrafting with Kat said...

WOW COOL! Victoria's creations are fantastic how cool to have a piece of her work.

Debbie said...

Fantastic Kat, I bet you can't stop looking at it.. Been trying to leave comments for days, but blogger wouldn't let me..xxx

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Thanks everyone, it is one of those miniatures that you find something new every time you look at it. It is in my haunted house also and I hope to add more of Victoria's work in there, as it suits it so very well. But ive said before even if you didnt have a dollshouse you could collect the cabinets and displays just on a shelf or bookcase as they are so superb! xx